GÖR SÅ HÄR
1. Wash 250g of sushi rice in cold water, and drain, next cover the washed rice with cold water and leave to stand for 20 minutes, drain and rinse then add the rice to 400ml of cold water in a pan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat, and cover, simmer for ten minutes, or until the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat and cool, (not under water). When cool flavour with two tblsp rice vinegar and two tblsp sugar. Keep cool until needed.
To make the sushi:
3. Make a small ball of rice in your hands and then squeeze on to two fingers, then place the prepared fish thinly sliced on the top.
4. For a slightly toasted flavour on this Nigiri singe the rice with a blowtorch before placing the prepared fish on the top and smoking it in the apple wood.
For the Mackeral:
5. Take your very fresh and humanly killed Mackerel, washing the outer skin well in cold running water.
6. Place the whole fish on the board and with a sharp filleting knife lift the pectoral fin just behind the gills, then cut down to the bone and twist the knife so it is parallel with the board, holding your knife at a slight angle, (preventing the knife digging in) in one swift movement cut to the tail; removing the fillet, turn the fish over and repeat.
7. Once both fillets have been removed lay the fillets skin side down and remove the belly bones then cut small strips from the fillets 1cm by 3cm, place these in the mild vinegar to marinade for 1 hour before placing it on the top of the chilled sushi rice.
For the Pea Veloute:
8. Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan.
9. Dice the shallot as small as you can and cook it without colour in the butter slowly for about ten minutes until it is translucent.
10. Add milk, stock and cream and bring to the boil.
11. Once boiling then add the frozen peas and blend the soup until silky smooth.
12. Pass through a fine sieve and season with salt to taste. Chill the soup in a bowl over ice to retain the vibrant green colour.
To finish the dish:
13. Place the smoked Nigiri in the centre of the bowl; and surround this with the light pea Voluté drizzle with sage oil and the sour cream sprinkle with pea sprouts and top with caviar. And a little cepe dust ro finish.